VOLUNTEERS IN SCHOOLS
& VOLUNTEER DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
Temple Christian Academy appreciates volunteer efforts. Volunteers are important sources of support and expertise that enrich our program and connect our students with the community.
A volunteer is any non-compensated person who wishes to donate his/her time within a school building, at a school-sponsored event, or where children are present. Volunteers must adhere to all Temple Christian Academy policies and regulations including, but not limited to, Code of Conduct, Confidentiality, and other policies and regulations as they may apply and become current.
RULES AND PROCEDURES – SAFETY AND SECURITY
- Volunteers shall not physically discipline a student. If a volunteer has children at this school, personal birth children shall not be given preference regarding discipline.
- Volunteers must dress appropriately for a Christian school environment.
- Volunteers can NEVER be left alone with an individual child. Another staff member must be alerted to the needs of a child if they are to be out of the group, or away from the group, for any reason. Volunteers should not be with a student(s) unless supervised in the presence of a classroom teacher, administrator, or other appropriate school personnel. A volunteer shall not be in a one-on-one situation with a child during or outside of a school day.
- Smoking or drinking alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited.
- Any problem or concern with a student, parent, or staff should be reported to the senior staff member who is on duty at the time. For the purpose of this policy and at the time of its publication, senior staff includes Dr. Player, Angie Dority, Calena Cain, Cassandra Jacobs, and/ or Rev. Donald Gilbert.
- Volunteers may be asked to pay for a background check, the cost of which is $8 and $36.50.
Volunteers must adhere to the confidentiality of what is observed and not shared outside the classroom. Volunteers must maintain confidentiality, and are not permitted to discuss student/school related issues in the outside community. Volunteers shall not have access to confidential information / files / records.
VOLUNTEER LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION
Temple Christian Academy cannot be responsible for injuries or damages. A volunteer shall at all times indemnify and save harmless the Temple Christian Academy and its officers, agents and employees on account of and from any and all claims, damages, losses, judgments, workers’ compensation payments, litigations expenses and legal counsel fees arising out of injuries to persons (including death) or damage to property alleged to have been sustained by (a) officers, agents and employees of the Temple Christian Academy or (b) any other person, which injuries are alleged to have occurred on or near the work or to have been caused in whole or in part by the acts, omissions or neglect of the volunteer.
The Director shall maintain an accurate file of signed Volunteer Disclosure Statements, criminal background checks and verifications of health information as required by Policy.
-> Click here to go to our Downloads page and get the Volunteer Disclosure Statement form