This is our first parent communication for the new, 2018-2019, school year. Wow! Our 10th year of existence! We are so thankful for what God has accomplished for His purpose in the education of children for their future success. Our goal and purpose at TCA is to provide children with the skills and Christian worldview that they will need to prosper in life. God has given us the WHY of our school, and we are working on the WHAT and the HOW.
It is through your involvement that allows us to have a school and to teach children about the Bible and Jesus, and It is our desire to continue to serve you and your families in the grandest way possible.
This is the first in a series of our school/parent communications for the TCA 2018-2019 school year. We hope that the communication link between school and parents will always remain strong, and we are looking forward to a great new year – our 10th!
Below are some items you will want to review.
- During the week of August 13-17: Teachers are busy in their rooms getting ready for the new year. You may begin to bring your child’s school supplies any time this week. We have 1 new teacher in 2nd grade, Ms. Stacy Robbins, and 16 returning who will be available when you come to visit.
- We will have an open house on Friday, August 17, at 6:00 PM. Please make plans to come. It is very important for all to attend this first parent meeting. At 6:30, you will have time to view the rooms and meet with teachers.
- The first day of school will be Monday, August 20. Starting time is 8:00 AM. You will find a calendar on our web site that you can download/print for your reference. Any changes will be communicated as they may arise during the year. Field trips are currently being planned and you will be notified as that process progresses.
- We wanted you to know ahead of time… Awards Day programs this year will be at 4:00 pm to keep the programs from being too long and so that you can get home earlier. We will send home a calendar on first day.
- Please put your child’s name on all returnable (to you) items such as cups, clothing, blankets, pillow, lunch boxes and book bags. For the sake of child safety, please use your child’s initials only or first name only when you label the item(s). When labeling the book bag, put your child’s initials or first name on the straps and on the inside flap of the bag. Any unlabeled items left unclaimed for a week will be discarded or donated. Please see our TCA 2018-2019 Supply List for a general listing of items you will need for the school year, keeping in mind that specific classes and/or grades may have additional requirements.
- We can refrigerate, but we cannot heat, food that your child(ren) may bring for lunch. If you send breakfast after 7:45 am, we must save it for the child to eat during snack time. If you want your child to eat breakfast here, you must bring them no later than 7:30 am.
- If you have not paid the book fee, please do so now. It was due on August 1, 2018.
- For two-year-old children who are still being potty-trained, the rate of tuition is $100 per week. Once the child is fully potty-trained, the tuition will revert to $90 per week. We would like to remind parents of our potty-training children to send Velcro-type pull ups that can be unfastened.
- Please remember to keep your tuition payments current. We will send reminders this year as needed, but it is your responsibility to make the payments in a timely fashion.
- Please notify us of any changes in your child’s diet, especially if there are any allergic conditions. Typically, these require special attention from our staff and we want to ensure your child receives proper attention in these matters.
- Our school has a “phone tree” which uses automated telephone dialing program to distribute important communications. We will begin entering new numbers shortly after the school year begins, and will utilize folder notes as well as the phone tree when we need to get messages or reminders to parents.
- If you do not attend church anywhere, we would love to have you here! Temple Church welcomes everyone to worship God with us on Sunday mornings and evenings, and to our weekly Prayer Meeting and Worship on Wednesdays at 7:00 pm. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you in the coming year.